How are you inserting graphics into a Duxbury document?

Home Forums Computer-Assisted Transcription How are you inserting graphics into a Duxbury document?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    site4vi
    Participant

For those who use Duxbury - what software are you using to create graphics, like graphs and other math graphics, and then to insert the graphic on a Duxbury page?

I currently use Word and Canva to create a majority of graphics. However, I need to email a file with braille text pages and braille graphics pages. I'm trying to get them into one document. I'm considering purchasing Tactileview but have heard even it has challenges when integrating a braille graphic into Duxbury.

James Williams

To my knowledge, one of the few ways to insert graphics into a Duxbury files consists of using Duxbury's free QuickTac program. The latest version is 4.1 and information about it can be found under the Products section on Duxbury's website. I have not used this program for any graphics I have produced and honestly haven't even explored its features that much.

I typically use CorelDRAW for all of my graphics, paste the braille into the graphics file and send two separate files to the customer.

In the future, with the eBraille initiative, the idea is to combine the graphics file and braille file into one eBraille file to avoid sending so many separate elements to the customer/reader. More information can be found about the status of that project in this NBA webinar from June: https://www.nationalbraille.org/resources/webinars/2024-ebraille-update/.

site4vi
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, James. I recall trying QuickTac at some point and will explore this option again.

I have read a little about ebraille. Thanks for the link to the webinar. It definitely is a need to be able to combine graphics and braille into one file.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.